Preliminary information about the 2019 Neurasmus scholarship is now available!
For the edition 2019-2021, Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees (EMJMD) scholarships are offered to Partner country applicants (PaC) and to Programme country applicants (PrC).
Additional scholarships for Partner Country category are offered for applicants who are either nationals or residents of these countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine.
Are you “PaC” or “PrC” scholarship applicant?
Students with a double nationality (of a Partner and of a Programme Country) must specify their nationality under which they submit their scholarship application.
Available scholarships: EMJMD Student scholarships
Scholarships are open to higher education students from all over the world.
Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree scholarships will be offered to the most appropriate candidates according to: the selection ranking AND the nationality rules set by the European Agency.
Candidates should be fully aware of the financial costs of the programme, as at the time of the application there is no guarantee that they will be awarded an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree scholarship.
Candidates can apply for an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees scholarship to the Erasmus + Key Action1 programme (EMJMD) of their choice but:
- Students who have already obtained an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees (EMJMD) scholarship or are former Erasmus Mundus Master/Doctoral Course scholarship holders are not eligible for an additional scholarship under the EMMC.
- Students benefiting from an EMMC scholarship cannot benefit from another EU grant while pursuing their EMMC studies.
- EMJMD student’s scholarships are awarded exclusively for a full-time enrolment in one of the course editions.
- Nationality rule : no more than three of the students selected for an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees scholarship should have the same nationality.
- Scholarship holders spending part of the EMJMD course in their country of residence are not entitled to benefit from the monthly subsistence allowance for this period.
Partner country EMJMD Student Scholarship
Any third country candidate who is not listed in the Programme country category.
The amount of money awarded to Partner country EMJMD scholarship recipients will be:
- Monthly allowance: 1,000€/month
- Contribution to travel: 2,000€/year scholarship holder resident in a Partner Country whose location is situated at less than 4,000 km from Bordeaux, France OR 3,000€/year scholarship holder resident in a Partner Country whose location is situated at more than 4,000 km from Bordeaux, France
- Contribution to installation: 1,000€/2-years
- In addition, the Scholarship includes a contribution to the EMJMD participation costs, i.e. 4,500€/semester corresponding to the mandatory contribution to the NEURASMUS tuition fees and insurance coverage
Programme country EMJMD Student Scholarship
- Students whose citizenship is one of the 28 EU Member States: Germany, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Spain, Finland, France, Greece, Ireland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Portugal, UK, Sweden, Bulgaria, Malta, Poland, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, and Croatia.
- Students whose citizenship is one of the following countries: Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Turkey, and Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia (FYRoM).
- Students from Partner countries who are residents or have carried out their main activity (studies, training or work) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in any of the Programme countries specified above (the five-year reference period for this 12-months rule is calculated backwards as from the submission deadline of applying for the master).
The amount of money awarded to Programme country EMJMD scholarship recipients will be:
- Monthly allowance: 1,000€/month
- Contribution to travel and installation: - 1,000€/year scholarship holder resident in a Programme country,
- 2,000€/year scholarship holder resident in a Partner Country whose location is situated at less than 4,000 km from Bordeaux, France OR 3,000€/year scholarship holder resident in a Partner Country whose location is situated at more than 4,000 km from Bordeaux, France.
- In addition, the Scholarship includes a contribution to the EMJMD participation costs, i.e. 2,250€/semester corresponding to the mandatory contribution to the NEURASMUS tuition fees and insurance coverage
Residence distance is calculated via the distance calculator .
Here you can find the EACEA tool distance.
The place of residence of the student candidate will be verify by the Neurasmus Consortium on the basis of the provision of the documents listed below:
- e.g. a residence certificate issued in accordance with the candidate's municipality normal registration rules;
- a certificate from the candidate's place of work, study or training issued by the employer or institution in question.
The supporting documents must have been issued within 12 months before the submission deadline for applying for an EMJMD student scholarship, i.e. the consortium's official deadline for student selection.