Applying as a self-funded candidate
The Neurasmus Program welcomes each year a max. number of 20 students. According to the number of scholarships delivered by theEuropean Commission each year, a few places will be available under the Self-funding scheme. The number of places is published by early February each year.
Extended application procedure for self-funded candidates
Deadline to apply as Self-funded candidate: February 28th 2019
A few candidates only can still join our Program as non-scholarship holders.
If you're interested in, please follow the extended procedure:
- (if not done yet in the framework of the application procedure for a scholarship), please submit the application form online by Feb. 28th 2019,
- read carefully the eligibility criteria and information on provisional costs(see below),
- fill in the Self-funded Candidate Declaration and send a signed copy with all necessary attachments to
firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28th 2019
Candidates can apply under a self‐funding scheme, but:
- They understand that they will have to pay the Neurasmus participation costs and they can expect no financial assistance from the EMJMD Scholarship Program. Neurasmus participation costs do not cover any living or travel expense.
- In case of sponsorship or application to external scholarship Programs, self-funded candidates will be required to provide the Board of Education with a proof of Sponsorship sustainability or a proof of acceptation to any other scholarship before the Neurasmus Program starts.
A non‐scholarship holder may thus be offered a position in the Neurasmus Program, on the conditions that:
- He/she fulfil the Neurasmus admission criteria ; Any submitted application under a self-funding scheme will be revised and debated by the Selection Committee, considering the academic selection criteria set for scholarship holders. The academic level of non-scholarship holders must match the level of the selected applicants who applied for a scholarship.
- His/her ranking among the candidates allows him/her to obtain a place in one Neurasmus partner university ;
- He/she has adequate financial support - information on provisional costs
Candidates who applied for an EMJMD scholarship, but obtained a position on the Reserve List, are authorized to apply under a self-funding scheme. The decision to apply as self-funded student will not affect their position on the reserve list,on the condition that if the Neurasmus Program finally offers them an EMJMD scholarship, they need to cancel any other EU Community scholarship applications.